Can’t have a physical class during a pandemic?
Here are quick tips on how you (as a teaching assistant) can conduct an online class during a pandemic. Before we get started, you need to plan the topic you want to teach and get the materials ready. You might need to prepare PowerPoint slides, practical worksheets, and e-book as student’s extra reference if available.
- Create a Whatsapp group (or any social media chat platforms) for the class.
- Use Padlet to put all teaching and learning materials. You can use the Grid layout to organise your weekly content in a row of boxes. Padlet allows user to include materials such as file, text, link, video, pictures, etc.
- Create an online meeting via Google Meet on your Google Calendar.
- Install a Google Meet Attendance extension to record the attendance of your students. (optional)
- Use a whiteboard in Google Meet to sketch a model or illustration. In the video call at the bottom, click More options. Whiteboard. To create a new Jamboard, click Start a new whiteboard.
Here is an example of how my Padlet looks like.